image

Original Charter Members

 

The original fire station was a single bay, metal building that housed a 1947 American LaFrance 750 gpm pumper.  It was a Foamite 700 series and was purchased at a cost of $14,000.00.  The original station was located in the 100 block of North Main street.  

 

The following individuals were the founding members of the Landis Fire Department in 1947: 

 

Harry Brown, Fire Chief

Lane Drye, Assistant Fire Chief

Tom Linn, Captain

Carl Beaver, Lieutenant

Robert Alexander, Secretary/Treasurer

Scott Brown, Firefighter

Ernest Faw, Firefighter

Harold Osborne, Firefighter

Walter "Mope" Daugherty, Firefighter

Bill Powell, Firefighter

Glenn Freeze, Firefighter

Tom Mahaley, Firefighter

Glenn Lowder, Firefighter

Ralph Sechler, Firefighter

Henry Atkinson, Firefighter

Earl Honeycutt, Firefighter

Rufus Honeycutt, Firefighter

Buford Fish, Firefighter

Robert Kiser, Firefighter

William Parks Beaver, Firefighter

C.A. Daughterty, Firefighter